Thanksgiving will be here soon, so I’ve been practicing some new recipes I found that I am planning to take as side dishes to our family’s get-together! I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with you in case you find yourself needing a delicious side dish before heading to a Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving meal!
Here’s what you’ll need for these delicious Balsamic Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and onion onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and add salt and pepper.
- Toss/shake the pan to coat Brussels sprouts and roast until tender and browned around the edges (around 30-40 minutes).
I like to serve these with as a lighter side dish but you can also add cooked grains to make it a heartier option!